Meet Dr. Smartlipo
Jeffry B. Schafer, MD is a fully trained Cosmetic & Reconstructive Surgeon and has been in practice since 1978. Along with his 25 years of experience in cosmetic surgery, he has 10 years of liposculpture experience. Dr. Schafer was a former staff physician with Scripps Clinic and Research Institute in La Jolla. He was a clinical instructor at The University of Alabama School of Medicine. Dr. Schafer taught at the University of California at San Diego.
Best in San Diego
We are proud to announce that New Image Cosmetic Surgery's own Dr. Jeffry Schafer was ranked as one of the TOP 3 COSMETIC SURGEONS in San Diego by the Union reader poll.
In The Community
He has been an integral part of the San Diego community. Dr. Schafer has been a board member of Mainly Mozart, The San Diego Opera and Partners Against Crime. Dr. Schafer feels strongly about giving back to the community and is a supporter of the Salvation Army, numerous children's charities and has been involved in the Spirit of Caring Mobile Healthcare Clinic in Chula Vista. He has also volunteered his plastic and reconstructive skills for the Rotary Foundations Thousand Smiles in Mexico. Dr. Schafer was awarded fellowships at King's College of The University of London, England, and The Armed Forces Institute of Pathology at Walter Reed Hospital, Washington, DC.
Undergraduate: B.A., University of Texas, Austin, Texas, 1969
Graduate: M.D., University of Illinois, Chicago, Illinois, 1973
Internship: St. Joseph Hospital, Denver, Colorado, 1974
Residency: University of Illinois, Chicago
Abraham Lincoln School of Medicine, Chicago, 1974-1976
University of Alabama in Birmingham,
School of Medicine, Birmingham, Alabama, 1976-1977
Postgraduate: Otolaryngic Pathology, Armed Forces Institute of Pathology, Washington, D.C.
- Staff, Scripps Clinic and Research Institute, Department of Surgery, Division of Head and Neck Surgery, La Jolla, California 1987-1989
- Clinical Instructor, University of Alabama in Birmingham, School of Medicine, Department of Surgery, Division of Otolaryngology, July 1977-1979
- Clinical Instructor, Veterans Administration Hospital, Birmingham, Alabama, Division of Otolaryngology, 1977-1979
- Clinical Instructor, Children's Hospital, Birmingham, Alabama, Division of Otolaryngology, July 1977-1979
- Clinical Instructor, Ear, Nose & Throat, State Crippled Children's Service, Birmingham, Alabama, July 1977-1979
- Clinical Instructor, Cooper-Green Hospital, Birmingham, Alabama, Division of Otolaryngology, July 1977-1979